Thanks to the recent heat wave, we dug out the old plastic pool and let the kids splash around for awhile yesterday (Sunday). Eli had a blast splashing around and sliding down into his pool, while Ainsley was a bit more skeptical of the ice cold water and the intermittent splashing by her brother. It was a bittersweet way to spend my last afternoon with the kids before going back to work--I could tell that being outside with the kids by the pool was a clear preview of my upcoming summer at home. I so look forward to my days of swimming with the kids, having picnics, eating popsicles on the deck, and soaking up all of the memories I can stand. On the other hand, I also love my job (most days) and want to be back in the classroom. Luckily for me, I will be getting the best of both worlds. I only have two weeks of work left and then it's summertime!
Our Life
The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson
Monday, May 24, 2010
Preview of Summer
Thanks to the recent heat wave, we dug out the old plastic pool and let the kids splash around for awhile yesterday (Sunday). Eli had a blast splashing around and sliding down into his pool, while Ainsley was a bit more skeptical of the ice cold water and the intermittent splashing by her brother. It was a bittersweet way to spend my last afternoon with the kids before going back to work--I could tell that being outside with the kids by the pool was a clear preview of my upcoming summer at home. I so look forward to my days of swimming with the kids, having picnics, eating popsicles on the deck, and soaking up all of the memories I can stand. On the other hand, I also love my job (most days) and want to be back in the classroom. Luckily for me, I will be getting the best of both worlds. I only have two weeks of work left and then it's summertime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, let summer be here now!
Post a Comment