Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Proof is in the Pictures





Well, here it is--the last official week of work-free summer for me. Don't worry, I'm not going to complain about having to go back to work because, after all, I can see how that would be annoying for those who don't have a job with summers off. Instead, I am going to relish in the last few fleeting moments I have with my kids in the warmth and sunshine during this summer of 2010.

Overall, I'd have to say we had a balanced summer. We had lots of fun outings and activities and friends came over to play, yet we also still managed to have quality time at home playing on the swing set in the backyard or making animal shapes with Play-doh inside. I have seen my kids change before my eyes, and I am so grateful that I get the chance to be a part-time stay at home mom through having the summer off. Never in a million years could I stay at home to raise kids full time; however, when the weather is nice and there's no work to be done, I have to admit, life is pretty sweet.

So as I was looking back over the summer and flipping through my pictures documenting our June, July, and August, I realized one very important thing--there are hardly any pictures of me with my kids from this summer. I would say that I am the primary photographer in the house, so normally I am behind the camera and not in front of it. This lack of evidence didn't sit well with me. I wanted some kind of proof of my so-called "summer job." So, I called my good friend Jo, an amazing visual artist with a killer camera, and asked her if she would come over and take some pictures of me with the kids so there is at least some physical proof of my summer. Jo did an amazing job! Thanks Jo!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Those are my favorites as well:)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

I love this post and photos! You do have a summer job that's important, special as well as exhausting at times. Here's to the last few days of being a full time mommy and soaking up these summer days.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

PS - I love the new look of your blog too!