My friend, Jo, introduced me to the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I'm not going to go in to the details of the book, but I will say that it is the inspiration of my year, 2012. Each month, I'm going to focus on an area of my life that could use some growth in order to increase my happiness. So, instead of having one, steadfast resolution for the year, I will have 12 mini-resolutions to see change in my life.
Don't get me wrong, I'm generally a happy person. In my marriage, with my family, and in my work. But I'm always looking to improve. There are areas of interest that I don't take the time to explore, I want to physically and emotionally feel good every day, and I want to use my time wisely. If I work on these areas, I know I would feel happier.
So for January, my happiness project is "organization." I've found that I can get a lot accomplished in the realm of tidiness and cleanliness if I just spend 15 concentrated minutes on scrubbing and putting things away. And that's the plan for each day. To spend 15 minutes of cleaning a day and to get one unfinished project done this month. My house doesn't need to be perfect, but I start to get crabby if I see more mess than sparkle.
I'll continue to keep you posted on the rest of my happiness project. Here's to you and to my clean(er) house.....
No comments:
Post a Comment