Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Monday, April 14, 2014

#16--Ahhhhhh, a Massage

#16 on my list of 35 in 35 was getting a massage or a facial.  I rarely EVER treat myself to any kind of spa-like treatment aside from the every-six-week-haircut I receive from the lovely Heidi Czech.  So, I put a massage on the list because it's something easy, relaxing, and frankly, a nice treat.

Jay and I last weekend had a planned getaway in Detroit Lakes to hang out with our friends Jerilyn, Wade, and Setty.  In anticipation of the weekend, Jerilyn noticed that getting a massage was on my list, so she suggested we take care of that little item while visiting Detroit Lakes.

On Saturday, Jerilyn and I arrived at The Lodge, a nice hotel right on the Lake Detroit.  I was a little clumsy going through the process, but overall, the experience was wonderful!  My massage was great and very, very relaxing.  It was a spendy little hour of fun, but you know what?  It's a once-in-a-seven-year thing for me, so that's not too bad.

Can you tell that I'm super excited? 

My post-massage hair.  You can't tell, but there's a bit of massage oil in there somewhere:)

No comments: