As summer approaches its end (sad, I know), we've been trying to get in fun summer events before I have to go back to work. In the beginning of the summer, I had in my mind all of the things I wanted to do with Eli--go to the park, swim in the lake, take long, leisurely walks, visit friends and family, go to the fair, etc. So far, we've completed almost everything on our list, and this weekend helped us check off attending a fair. Last week, the Benton County Fair was going on in Sauk Rapids, and since Jay had the day off, we spent the afternoon at the fair as a family. We had a great time, and Eli experienced seeing all kinds of sights. He seemed to like everything (except the llamas, which made him cry), particularly the soft bunny rabbits and the tractors.

Then, on Saturday, while Jay was golfing with World Wide Audio at the Pines in Nisswa, Eli and I traveled to Brainerd to have brunch with Keri at The Barn and then it was off to fishing with Grandma and Grandpa Stanek on the Crow Wing River. Considering all of the travel, new people, sights and sounds, and the time Eli was expected to play in strange locations (like the front of a fishing boat), he was a fantastic baby! We are so lucky that he is content and happy and easy to care for.


This past weekend was a great weekend, and we look forward to the few remaining summer weekends left to make more family memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment