As summer winds down and the number of days I have left at home with Eli can fit on one hand, I've been trying to get in a few more summer activities. Today's adventure--a walk around Munsinger Gardens, a beautiful flower garden in town that is free and open to the public. I hadn't been there yet this summer, and even though it was hot, I thought Eli might like to look at the flowers. We spent some time walking around and looking at the flowers. Eli even touched a few flower petals and was content looking around at the beautiful plants and all of the gorgeous fountains. After a bit of walking (and sweating), we took a break in the shade by the river to enjoy the scenery. It's so nice to have such a beautiful place in town to enjoy in the summer time.
I can't help but reflect back to the beginning of the summer and remember what a peanut Eli was then. He was just starting to roll over and he loved playing on his activity mat. Times are a bit different now because Eli is too old for the activity mat--now he loves to babble, roll around and scooch himself on the floor, giggle and be tickled, play with tupperware, measuring cups and spoons, and sit up and play with his toys. I'm so thankful for the time I've had with him to watch him change and grow. These days I watch him get closer and closer to pulling himself up on his hands and knees. Before I know it, he'll be crawling. I can't put into words what a great baby Eli is and how much joy he has brought to our lives. Each day is a new adventure, and one we look forward to experiencing with our beautiful boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment