Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, June 17, 2010

And She Rolls!


Today, for the first time, Ainsley rolled from her tummy to her back! It's hard to believe that three months ago Ainsley couldn't do anything except eat, sleep, and poop. Now she's smiling, cooing, rolling (woohoo!), and using her legs to stand up. She has been the easiest baby in the world to take care of, and I have been grateful for her laid back nature. But now that she can move, the times might be shifting from a baby who sits still to one who will be on the move because not only can she roll from her tummy to her back, but she is very, very, very close to being able to roll from back to tummy as well.

Witnessing Ainsley's milestone today is one of the great benefits of teaching--I get to spend quality time with my kids in the summer and see them grow and change right before my very eyes. And although I love being home with the kids, it does come with some challenges. Eli is definitely missing Amy and the rest of his daycare crew, but I've been trying to keep him busy with friends, playdates, and activities. Hopefully the weather stays nice and warm so we can start to use the nearby wading pool. He loves the water and loves being around other kids, so the pool is a win-win situation for all of us! Parenting an independent two-year-old has been more than trying at times, but I suppose in the end, I want him to be an independent kid who will have a mind of his own. What's that old saying? Be careful what you wish for?

In the meantime, here's hoping for more great memories and times together as a family.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Who-hoo for Ainsley! Very exciting.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

We should plan a playdate to the wading pool. That way the boys could play and I could get some snuggling time in with Miss A & chatting time with you.
Enjoy these beautiful work-free days!