The Burnham clan has been quite busy this past week (hence the lack of blog postings--sorry). Last week on Wednesday, we were invited to a pool party with some of my co-workers and their kids. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate, so there was no swimming, but we did get to visit and hang out for the afternoon. Eli really liked it because he got to see some of his old pals from Amy's daycare.
Then on Thursday, the kids and I went to the Lemonade Art Fair at SCSU with my friend, Jo, and her cousin's little girl. Although it was a warm day, the kids were troopers.
Thursday night, Ainsley and I journeyed to St. Joseph for an outdoor concert. The weather and evening was absolutely beautiful! The sun was shining, the grass was green, the temperature was just right in the mid-70s, and great folk music was being played on the church lawn on Main Street in St. Joe by two teenage siblings. Granted, I am partial to St. Joe because of my St. Ben's roots, but there is something magical about that town. Being in St. Joe is like stepping back in time to when a thriving downtown was still possible and friendliness was a way of life.
On Saturday, my parents, Jay, the kids, 30,000 other people and I ventured off to the Great Minnesota Air Show. Although it was hot (see pictures of melted kids) and crowded, the show was wonderful and amazing! I had never seen a stealth fighter fly before--crazy cool! It was a lot of work to be at the show with both kids, but they were so amazingly good throughout the whole day--no whining or crying.
So although we've been very, very busy, I am thankful to be creating wonderful memories and opportunities for my family. Summer in Minnesota is all about celebrations, festivals, basking in the outdoors, and enjoying community--all things I adore.
This week will be a little quieter as we creep in to the month of July. But soon, it will be lake time and enjoying family that we don't get to see very often.
3 comments:
Looks like all of the planning paid off in the end! I'm glad you are enjoying your summer vacation with friends and family.
I love how exhausted Eli looks under that umbrella! Glad you had a great time at the air show!
I totally agree about St. Joe. :) And that pic of them sleeping is priceless!
Post a Comment