Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days--the comfort food, visiting with family, and remembering to think about the bounty I experience in my daily life. Here's what I'm thankful for this year:

-healthy and happy kids
-a loving husband
-plenty of food on the table
-having a job
-completely supportive parents
-amazing health insurance
-an extended family that I share many, many memories with
-inviting in-laws
-friends and co-workers who make me laugh during the times when I want to cry
-a house that provides plenty of room for our family to play
-great literature
-actually, the creative arts in general
-coffee and ice cream

This year, we traveled to Kathy and Al's house in Minnetonka for our Thanksgiving meal. We enjoyed a fantastic turkey dinner and time with family. Here are a few pictures of the day....



Eli and Courtney coloring after dinner



Ainsley and pal, Riley



A rare moment where Eli is cooperating when a camera is pointing in his direction




A close-up of Ainsley

No comments: