Hello? Maria? Are you there? Where have you and your blog posts been?
I know, I know, loyal blog readers (all 4 of you). I've been neglecting you. So what have I been doing all this time instead of blogging? In short, I've been juggling a career (that involves lots and lots of correcting) and remodeling our house (or at least keeping the kids out of the house so Jay can remodel the house).
Way back in January and February, Jay and I started talking about taking our tax refund and investing the money in replacing some of the flooring in our house. And, with all remodel projects, what started out as flooring has turned into a new entryway, painting, building a wall, and making our house a reflection of our family.
We've taken out a closet by our garage entry door. Soon, this will be a bench, coat hook, shelf combination. It makes this entryway more open and easier to get through when the whole fam-damily is coming in to the house. This flooring will be changed to ceramic tile that will go through this entry, the little bathroom off to the side, the informal dining, and the kitchen. I also hope to paint this whole space an eco-green color.
This partial wall was built in an attempt to create a more separate formal dining space. This room will be painted a nice, neutral color (don't worry, the living room will remain orange), and the carpet will be taken out and replaced with a laminate wood flooring. A much more conducive flooring by the porch we use ALL summer long. New carpet will be put in to the living room and hallway.
The bedrooms got new carpeting, too, and the master bedroom got a fresh coat of paint. Can you say accent wall?
It's a ton of work to being doing this project with two small kids, but seeing the transformation in the house is invigorating. This house is more of a reflection of who we are as a family.
2 comments:
OOohhhh, how fun (as well as busy and stressful on top of everything else)! Can't wait to see this project come together in photos! :)
I am liking the look of the new walls with the sheet rock. The end is so much closer! When are you painting next?
Post a Comment