One of my favorite songs, "For Good," is from the musical Wicked. The lyrics are a beautiful testimonial of the impact others can have on our lives.
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led to those
Who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led to those
Who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Today the kids and I said goodbye to Amy Eid, our daycare provider for the last three years. I can't even begin to tell you the impact Amy has had on our lives. There were many tears shed today in leaving Amy, and we will never, ever forget her.
Here are some of the many reasons we LOVE Amy:
1. She loved the kids with all of her heart
2. She taught them the value of being a good friend
3. She encouraged the kids to play even if it meant getting dirty
4. She provided routine and schedule, but in a way that was still flexible
5. She was honest about the kind of day the kids had when I came to pick them up
6. She continually pushed herself to grow professionally
7. She was more than considerate of our schedule
8. She gave the kids a "12 screen-free day" summer challenge
9. She kept me posted on the funny parts of the kids' days
10. She reassured me and my parenting skills whenever I felt baffled
11. Her activities were educational and a way to get my kids ready for school
12. The creative art projects she sent home with the kids
13. Her backyard was an amazing playground for kids
14. She provided healthy food during meal and snack time
15. She showed enthusiasm toward the interests of the kids
The list could go on and on....
I know for certain that I am a better mother because of Amy's guidance and example with kids. I can't even imagine not bringing my kids to her house for child care, but we are entering a new chapter in our lives and will find new friends to play and grow with.
But even though we won't see Amy anymore, she will always be with us in our hearts. In short, we have been changed for good, in both senses of the phrase. We love you Amy!
Here are some of the many reasons we LOVE Amy:
1. She loved the kids with all of her heart
2. She taught them the value of being a good friend
3. She encouraged the kids to play even if it meant getting dirty
4. She provided routine and schedule, but in a way that was still flexible
5. She was honest about the kind of day the kids had when I came to pick them up
6. She continually pushed herself to grow professionally
7. She was more than considerate of our schedule
8. She gave the kids a "12 screen-free day" summer challenge
9. She kept me posted on the funny parts of the kids' days
10. She reassured me and my parenting skills whenever I felt baffled
11. Her activities were educational and a way to get my kids ready for school
12. The creative art projects she sent home with the kids
13. Her backyard was an amazing playground for kids
14. She provided healthy food during meal and snack time
15. She showed enthusiasm toward the interests of the kids
The list could go on and on....
I know for certain that I am a better mother because of Amy's guidance and example with kids. I can't even imagine not bringing my kids to her house for child care, but we are entering a new chapter in our lives and will find new friends to play and grow with.
But even though we won't see Amy anymore, she will always be with us in our hearts. In short, we have been changed for good, in both senses of the phrase. We love you Amy!
3 comments:
What could be a better honor as a daycare provider than this post? :)
Maria- I am honored- and love you guys right back! Got the photos you sent via email- thank you!! (Got the snail mail too!)
Hugs to the kids!
XO
Amy
Wonderful daycare providers are the absolute BEST! What a blessing the kids were able to be with Amy.
Post a Comment