Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Sweet (Yet Hectic) Start of Summer Vacation

Last Thursday was our official first day of summer vacation. In the depths of winter, when daydreaming about summertime, I loftily imagine sitting on the porch in my jammies with a cup of coffee in the morning while the children peacefully play around me. Silly me. That's not how it is at all....well, except for the cup of coffee and the jammies.

The first few days haven't been as relaxing as I dreamed it to be. Keeping up with the kids is a full time job (especially picking up after Ainsley who I have now named the Pink Tornado because all she does is take items out of every possible drawer and throws them on the floor). Plus, we are still finishing up some remodeling tasks. Jay just finished grouting and sealing the kitchen floor, and we have to now have the living room carpet installed. In short, the house is a mess.

I'm busy getting ready for a garage sale on Thursday (in the hopes of getting rid of many, many infant items).



The kids helping me sort through my collection of books for the garage sale


I also took my media licensure test today (which I hopefully passed) AND presented Web 2.0 tools at an Apple conference today in Sauk Rapids. Whew! Are you tired yet? I am....

In the midst of all this chaos, it's important for us to take time as a family. Saturday, we ventured to Sartell to enjoy their Summerfest parade. Eli was excited for candy, but hated all of the loud noises. Ainsley patiently took in all of the activity, and Jay and I relished in just sitting and being together as a family unit.



The anticipation of the parade



I just love this picture of Ainsley in the camping chair--too cute!



Ainsley and Mom enjoying the parade



E "holding his ears" during a loud noise

2 comments:

Jo said...

Love the new hat:)

ClubChanga5 said...

I love summer and I already feel like its half over. I'm sure you did great on your media test and wow you guys are doing a lot of work to your house. Can we borrow Jay at our house?