Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Friday, June 24, 2011

Two Rivers Camping (Without Staying Overnight)

My mom and dad bought a fifth-wheel trailer as a part of their retirement with dreams of camping and seeing America in style. And although they haven't ventured anywhere too adventurous yet, they are certainly getting the hang of camping sans tent. This weekend, they reserved a spot at Two Rivers campsite and invited the kids and I to come for the day.

We spent the day swimming, playing on the playground and visiting with my aunt and uncle, Charlene and Jerry, and my cousin, Scott, and his wife, Becky and their kids. Today reminded me of all the great memories I have with my family. I was raised in a small town in ordinary circumstances. Yet on a day like today, over a meal of lasagna and cheesy bread at a picnic table, in the company of some of the nicest and most generous people I know, I feel like my life is extraordinary.

And frankly, it is.



The kids with Grandma and Grandpa Stanek



Ainsley taking a break from the pool with a snack



My cousin, Scott--what a joker!



Auntie Charlene and Uncle Jerry use these great bikes for getting around the campground (the red one is Jerry's from his childhood)



Thanks to Becky, we actually organized group photos--way to go Becky!

1 comment:

Jo said...

I LOVE those bikes and totally want one for myself:)