Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, June 12, 2014

#6-Dine at Pete's Place




In St. Cloud on 9th Ave, there's a cute little diner called Pete's Place.  I've always wanted to go there to try it out.  After all, my friend, Muggsy Lauer sings the song "Pete's Place" from time to time at jazz nights or concerts.  I just HAD to see what this place is all about!

So, at 6:30 on Wednesday morning I met Chuck Kruger for breakfast at Pete's Place.

The Menu

It's a charming little place with tables and chairs placed around the room like any Mom and Pop restaurant.  There are also other interesting tidbits of decor, like several large posters of Marilyn Monroe (one placed conveniently right next to Pete's graduation picture) and pictures of customers who play cribbage and have had either a 28 or 29 hand.  

Pete greeted me as I walked in and brought me my cup of coffee.  I quickly realized that Pete (on this day at least) was the whole staff.  He greeted me, served me coffee, took my order, cooked the food, and rang up my bill.  Perhaps this is because the entirety of the place is the equivalent of the first level of an older home, but still, impressive he can keep it all straight and timed out.  

I ordered french toast while Chuck ordered eggs, toast and hashbrowns.  It took a bit to get our food, but hey, I'm not going to complain.  Pete had a lot to do since some of his other regulars were also in the place that morning.  

Yummy french toast!!


My breakfast date


I will definitely go back to Pete's Place, probably again with Chuck since he seemed enchanted with the place as well.  I'll see you again soon, Pete!







No comments: