Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Monday, September 29, 2014

#4-Spend Time on the Wobegone Trail

As I've established before, I'm a St. Ben's girl.  The town of St. Joseph means a great deal to me.




Now, if you were to ask my son what means a great deal to him, he would say his bike.  See, Eli recently learned to ride a bike without training wheels which has opened the door for him in the areas of confidence and independence.  As a result, we are a biking family.

We live on Cooper Avenue, which unfortunately is not a great road for biking with small kids.  Although there is a bike lane, it's pretty narrow and the road is a high-traffic one, so going for bike rides in the neighborhood can be tricky (and nerve-wracking for this mama), at least for the first few blocks or so.  As a result, we've taken to the trails.  About a month ago we biked the Beaver Island Trail down by SCSU.  In the St. Cloud area, there's also the Wobegone trail which runs through St. Joe and "west" to Avon, Albany, etc.

I have never spent any time on the Wobegone trail which is why it is #4 on my list of 35 things to do at the age of 35.  I wanted to experience a trail that I've heard is beautiful that starts in the town I love.

We loaded up the bikes two weekends ago and made our way to the trail.  It is a lovely, wooded trail with ponds, streams, and farms to look at while biking.  The leaves were just starting to turn, and the trail was quite busy, particularly with Johnnie fans who chose to bike to Collegeville to see the football game.  Because the kids are still pretty little, we didn't make it far on the trail, but I got a taste of what I'm sure I will explore more of in the future.  It was a beautiful day with my beautiful family.

Ainsley is a determined little bicyclist, and I'm sure will be off training wheels soon so she can be like her big brother

Such a beautiful trail!

There's something so lovely about a farm in the middle of the countryside.

Someone's gotta stay behind and take pictures, right?

One of the many water scenes along the trail.

Selfie!!!

No comments: