Today we celebrated my first official Mother's Day, although we really celebrated the holiday all weekend. Thanks to Wade and Setty, Jay, Eli and I had a wonderful dinner at The Fireside in Detroit Lakes last night--I had the Salmon Oscar--yum. It was nice to get away for a few days and to enjoy and fantastic meal out. Thanks Wade and Setty! Today we drove back from Detroit Lakes and spent most of the day at my mom and dad's house in Little Falls playing cards and visiting with Butch and Florian, friends of the family. We only wish we could've also spent the day with Grandma Phyllis--luckily we'll get to spend a whole week with her when she comes to watch Eli while Jay and I are working. A happy mother's day wish to all of you mothers out there, and today we keep in our thoughts all of our mothers and grandmothers who are no longer here with us.
Our Life
The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day!
Today we celebrated my first official Mother's Day, although we really celebrated the holiday all weekend. Thanks to Wade and Setty, Jay, Eli and I had a wonderful dinner at The Fireside in Detroit Lakes last night--I had the Salmon Oscar--yum. It was nice to get away for a few days and to enjoy and fantastic meal out. Thanks Wade and Setty! Today we drove back from Detroit Lakes and spent most of the day at my mom and dad's house in Little Falls playing cards and visiting with Butch and Florian, friends of the family. We only wish we could've also spent the day with Grandma Phyllis--luckily we'll get to spend a whole week with her when she comes to watch Eli while Jay and I are working. A happy mother's day wish to all of you mothers out there, and today we keep in our thoughts all of our mothers and grandmothers who are no longer here with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment