Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tummy Time!



Day by day Eli looks and acts older because he can do so much more than he could just one month ago. Tonight's tummy time, for instance, shows he can hold his head up pretty well when he's propped up on his elbows. Jay is great about playing with Eli and getting in some quality tummy time to work those neck muscles. Eli is also doing a lot more "talking", meaning we have "gurgle" conversations back and forth. It's still so amazing to me that at some point he just decides to try something new like gurgling and cooing. How does that happen? What happens in his brain that triggers the new behavior? The gurgles and the play time will be what I miss most now that I'm back to work as of tomorrow. But I just keep thinking about how great it will be for Eli to spend some quality time with his grandparents and dad while I'm working for three weeks. Seeing him when I get home will be a very sweet moment and something I will look forward to every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am posting a comment to comment on how there are no comments.
-Jay