Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Friday, May 2, 2008

So close, yet so far away--Sorry Rockford crew!



Well, we were all packed and ready to go on our big trip to Rockford, IL. Grandpa Charlie, Eli and I were set to leave this morning to visit the family members who live in the Rockford area. Unfortunately, all three of us ended up getting sick right before the trip. Grandpa Charlie has a chest cold, Eli's a bit congested sounding (he snorts a lot), and now I woke up with a sore throat this morning (so did Jay). Bummer! No trip for us--it's a long drive and it could be a tough journey with three sick passengers. Luckily, Eli doesn't seem too bothered with his congestion. This is the first time he's really been sick. So instead of leaving bright and early today, Eli and I slept in a little and will take it easy this weekend to hopefully get better.

We feel terrible about missing this trip we've had planned for a while now. We don't get to see our family there too often--we promise we'll come some other time and we'll send lots of pictures to make up for it.

No comments: