Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Time at the Park....


At one point today, Eli didn't seem to want to do anything at home. He cried at the following: going in the Jumperoo, playing on his activity mat, sitting in his swing, holding him, walking around, laying him in his crib, giving him a pacifier, and laying him on his changing table. Nothing worked! So, in order to maintain my sanity, we packed up the car and drove to a nearby park that has lots of shade and some playground equipment. Eli was in a baby swing at a park for the first time! He was mesmerized. Then I put his feet in the sand underneath the swing, and he really liked that, too. The park was just the ticket to make him happy again. For most of the time, we just played on a blanket under a tree, and Eli looked up at the sun shining through the moving leaves from the breeze. Once again, it's good to be a teacher and to have the summers off.

2 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

I'm glad you found a way to maintain your sanity today! Lord knows that some days are tougher than others. Today we had several timeouts for hitting - lovely, I know - and I'm still a bit befuddled as to how to help him STOP. No Mom of the Year awards for me today...

Anonymous said...

Okay, no mom experience here, but wow, you are amazing. I would have been crying myself not knowing what to do! Way to pack it up and try something new. The picture is about the cutest thing ever, I love that hat. Way to be sunprotected yet still cool. He is really digging that swing , isn't it. I missed the lemonaide fair, I was too busy making brownies for the Changas! Imagine that! Yeah, super cute baby award for the day for you, Eli!