Yesterday, Eli had his 4-month well child check up. Okay, okay, I know he's almost 4 and 1/2 months old, but that was the only time we could get in with our pediatrician. Anyway, Eli's health continues to be well, and I can't tell you how thankful we are that he is a happy and healthy baby boy! He now weighs just over 13 pounds, which was a surprise to us--we thought he was heavier than that. Turns out he's only in the 8th percentile for weight, the little peanut. His height, however, is a different story. Since his last appointment, Eli's height has shot up a bit--he's 26 inches long which puts him in the 73rd percentile. I guess our boy is going to be tall and skinny; he must be a Burnham!

Our doctor gave the a-okay to start giving Eli small portions of rice cereal, so we had our first go at it last night. Most of the cereal ended up either on his bib or on the table, but I thought he did pretty well considering his lack of experience. We took these pictures after his first attempt at eating from a spoon.

Time certainly is flying! Soon we'll be feeding him carrots, peas, and sweet potatoes--yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment