Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Monday, November 10, 2008

Courtney's 3rd Birthday!

This past weekend, Jay, Eli and I traveled south to the Twin Cities to help celebrate Jay's great-niece, Courtney's, third birthday. Now before you start calling social services over this picture, I want to clarify that the dark brown bottle Eli has in his hand is actually a bottle of root beer.



We had a nice dinner with Al, Kathy, Byron, Lauren, and Courtney. Courtney received some wonderful birthday gifts, including a whole tea set and a table and chairs for hosting her tea parties. We gave her a purple feather boa, and as you can see by this picture, she is ready to host away!


Eli is continuing to change and grow--he now likes to climb up stairs and is a pretty fast walker behind his Tonka truck. I have a feeling he'll be walking on his own by Christmas--yikes! Amy taught him to do "Soooo Big" at daycare, and he also loves to clap and give kisses and snuggles. His newest trick is playing "catch" with Jay and I in the living room. He understands taking turns throwing the ball, and his hand-eye coordination is pretty good! Daily Eli reminds me that time moves so quickly and that the world continues to change before our very eyes.

No comments: