This year, I turned the big 3-2, which isn't significant except to say that I love my birthday and, although it may sounds ridiculous, I love getting older. My whole life I've felt like an old soul, so actually getting older makes me feel as though my outside and physical body more accurately reflects my insides. Not much happened on my birthday--some students sang to me, I received a present or two, I was flooded with birthday wishes both on Facebook and via snail mail, and Jay and I had a nice dinner at one of my favorite local spots, The White Horse. The best part of the day was I took the time to celebrate me. So many people shrug off their birthdays or try to keep it under the radar as much as possible. Not me. I love a good birthday, especially one when I have so much to be thankful for.
blowing out the candles on my traditional angel food cake birthday cake
Eli's birthday comes next. This year, Eli's actual birthday fell on President's Day, so I didn't have to work. The kids and I spent the day at home. We had a few of Eli's friends over for playtime and lunch, followed by cupcakes. The weather was snowy that day, so not all of our guests could make it, but we had fun anyway.
can you tell he is wishing for a garbage truck for his birthday?
And finally, Ainsley's birthday was just this past weekend on the 27th. We celebrated her birthday (and Eli's too) with family on Saturday. I can't believe that it was just one year ago that she was born and our world was completely turned upside down. Ainsley's birth has taught me patience, has strengthened my multi-tasking abilities, and helped me see the value of my family. She continues to grow and change day-by-day, and I just love watching her learn and explore this big, big world.
Here's how the 1st birthday cake slice went....
the grab....
the bite.....
the smile....
So here's to Eli, Ainsley and I being just one year older.....and here's hoping all of our birthday wishes come true...
No comments:
Post a Comment