Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, July 31, 2014

#21--"Wooooooouldn't It Be Lovely?"

My dearest friend, Kelli, and I have made it a point for the past two summers to have some "girl time" together.  Last summer we ventured north to the Winnipeg Folk Festival.  This year, even though both of us would have LOVED to have gone to the Folk Festival again, the timing just wasn't right.  So instead, we opted for a day of theater in the Twin Cities.

If you have never been to the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, MN (or even if you have been but it's been awhile), I highly encourage you go.  What a magnificent space, and each and every play I've seen there has been absolutely wonderful.

Kelli and I saw My Fair Lady, a play I've never seen performed before, allowing me to check off yet another thing off my 35 in 35 checklist.  Although I wouldn't say that it's my favorite musical (The Music Man is coming to the Guthrie next summer--squeee!--a contender for my favorite musical), I was completely smitten by the acting, the costumes, the characters, and the set. There's just something so powerful in seeing professional theater being performed--it truly is amazing!

Every time I go to the Guthrie, I realize just how much I love it there.  There are a few plays set for their 2014-15 season that I'd like to see including The Crucible and The Music Man. Anyone want to join me?

In looking for lunch before the show, we stumbled upon the Mill Center Farmer's Market. Goat cheese and veggie crepe? Yes please!

My date and I before the show

Don't you just love a program and ticket as a souvenir? 

No comments: