Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Friday, July 25, 2014

#23-Summertime by George (a beer at the Beer Gardens)

Mmmmm...beer!
One of my all-time favorite things about living in St. Cloud is a summer Wednesday night.  Every Wednesday, Lake George, an incredibly beautiful city park in the heart of town looks like this:

Thousands at Lake George for Summertime by George
The St. Cloud Rotary has been putting on a darn good party every Wednesday night every summer for the past several years.  It's amazing (and heart-warming) to me the number of people who come out week after week to hear live music, enjoy some food and the company of our community.  

One part of the festivities that I had yet to participate in was the beer garden.  Usually Jay and I pack up the kids and picnic and head to the park.  But this year, as a part of my 35 at the age of 35 quest, having a beverage at the beer garden became a goal.  

Although not a revolutionary act, I enjoyed myself.  Jay and I were able to sneak away for a date and enjoy a beer together.  'Twas very nice, if I do say so myself.  

Beer garden selfie!



No comments: