Let's face it. Since Eli's birth, my devotion to TV has wavered, at best. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE television. I could practically be addicted to television if I was simply allowed the time and space to watch it.
Many people ask me, "Did you see (insert television series name here) last night?" And the answer is always, "No. No I did not." Because frankly, I usually don't have time to put everything on hold at 7:30 so I can catch the latest episode. Jay and I had Hulu Plus for awhile in a far-fetched attempt at keeping up with current television, but that didn't work either. During the school year, once the kids are in bed I'm practically ready for bed myself, too.
So, for my
35 in 35 list, I wanted to watch an entire series of a show I didn't catch (but wanted to) on Netflix. I chose "The Office" because the episodes I did watch years ago, I enjoyed very much. However, I lost track of Jim, Michael, Dwight, Pam, Meredith, Kevin, and (my favorite) Creed.
 |
| I love, love, love this quirky, zany cast! |
I loved watching "The Office" because the episodes were a short 20 minutes in length, and often I watched an episode on the iPad while preparing dinner or during a rare breakfast alone. From the reliable "That's what she said" joke in almost every early episode to the budding romance between Jim and Pam, the crew of "The Office" became my friends. Although an exaggeration, most work spaces have these types of characters. And I think that's what I liked the most--everyone is so different, yet that's what makes the funny and key to the story. We all play a part, just like the characters of "The Office" did as well. I cried during the finale because it was a beautiful culmination of years of jokes, drama, and flirtations. I'm actually quite sad that our time is over. I'm not sure I'll watch any of it again--there's so much yet out there I haven't seen. But I might just watch that Moroccan Christmas episode again, or the one where Dwight hosts Andy's garden party. Why? To make me laugh!
You're probably thinking, "So what are you watching now?" Answer: "Call the Midwives." I love my PBS shows!
No comments:
Post a Comment