Our Life

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

Monday, June 9, 2008

A Picnic Lunch


When I heard that the weather today was supposed to be sunny and 75 degrees, I immediately thought about having a picnic lunch today over at Lake George with Eli. I wanted to head over to that side of town anyway to plan and scheme where I could possibly park by SCSU when I start my summer classes on Wednesday. Well, Mother Nature didn't quite live up to her word (or I guess Jonathan Yuhas on Kare 11 News didn't) because it was pretty windy today, not to mention a little cooler than 75 and the sky had more clouds than sun. Oh well, chalk one up for an adventure. The park and lake in St. Cloud is really a great place to be; I am particularly grateful because there are no mature trees at our house or in our neighborhood, so to have Eli outside in the shade at home is tough. The Lake George area, though, is full of big, beautiful, mature trees, and it was easy to have a little picnic outside with Eli. It's days like today when I am grateful to be a teacher and to have the summers off to spend with my family. I mean, really, I was on a picnic lunch on a Monday afternoon on a summer day--not bad, not bad at all. I can only guess that it will get better year after year when Eli can run around at the park and run through the elaborate sprinklers they have set up at the park. Ahhhh, I love being a mom, and I love having the summer off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Your son is cute too :) We should totally hang out sometime this summer! I am still recovering from school and will bum around most of this week, but will be up for anything after that! What classes are you taking at SCSU? Are you getting another MA? What a woman! Talk to you soon! Lex

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Cute, cute, cute!
I love the mommy and son photo from today. Thank God for summer, right!
:)